I love to be on our zero turn mower on the farm. What I mow takes about 2 hours, so I have time to pray, think, and sing at the top of my lungs!
However, there are some things I’ve learned in my many hours on the mower:
- Always, ALWAYS, keep your mouth closed! Things tend to fly in it when you don’t. I also need to keep my mouth closed more in life. I need to try to tame my tongue.
- Zero turn means zero turn. That mower will go completely around an obstacle in a circle if you steer it correctly. I need to have Jesus steering my life, so I can go around any obstacle that satan has for me.
- You cannot look back without losing forward progress. There are times when I try to look back to see what I have mowed only to began losing my straight mowing path. Kind of like when I look back at past mistakes, I lose my vision for the future and my focus on Jesus.
- There are turtle and rabbit settings for a reason. The turtle setting doesn’t let you go above a certain speed. When you want to go fast, you set it to rabbit. Sometimes I get to going too fast and cannot stop easily. I need to make sure i’m on the right setting for my life.
- When you the ground looks flat, beware! There are hills and valleys. Sometimes I get to going and hit a bump. It jars me so much I think I might fall off the mower. God is the God of hills and valleys. He has us when we hit the bumps! And we’d better be holding on!
- There are all kinds of critters hiding in the grass and trees. Some of them are good, and some not so good. There are snakes, spiders, butterflies, grasshoppers, cicadas, frogs, armadillos, and so much more. In life there are all kids of people we come across. Some are good, and some are not so good. There are all kinds of things satan tries to hide from us until the last second. We have to be on our watch!
- I guess most of all I’ve learned not to get too close to things. There are tree limbs hanging, tree roots above the ground, rocks, fence posts, and other things to avoid. It’s not always easy to determine how close you are, and these things can harm the mower or me. I need to watch and not get close to things that are going to harm me spiritually. Things that aren’t good for me.